Car Ownership in Northern Territory - Enji

Car Ownership in Northern Territory

Here are some top tips around vehicle ownership and registration in the NT.

Car registration

What you should know

When re-registering your car, you will need to first get an inspection to obtain a Green Slip. This information can be found on your registration renewal notice. This safety inspection and Green Slip authorisation must be carried out by an authorised vehicle inspector.

We have verified NT mechanics that are authorised to conduct safety checks, so if you need a safety inspection to re-register your car in the Northern Territory, start the booking with enji below.

For more information about registering a car in the NT, please visit Department of Northern Territory Government information and services.

Buying a car

What you should know

You’re checking out a used car, you pop open the hood to check if everything is working, but you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for? Buying a used car in the NT can be a daunting experience if you are not sure what you’re looking for. Enji recommends you get a car safety check before buying a registered used vehicle.  We can connect you to licensed mobile mechanics in your area, so next time you go out to check on a potential new car – why don’t you book in a mobile mechanic with enji to make sure you don’t get stuck with any unpleasant surprises.