Car Ownership in Australian Capital Territory - Enji

Car Ownership in Australian Capital Territory

Here are some top tips around vehicle ownership and registration in the ACT.

Car registration

What you should know

Bought a car interstate? Use your car for business purposes (i.e. a rideshare service)? When registering your car, you will need to first get a safety inspection. This safety inspection must be carried out by an ACT Government authorised vehicle examiner.

We have verified ACT mechanics that are authorised to conduct safety checks, so if you need a safety inspection to register your car in the ACT, start the booking with enji below.

For more information about registering a car in the ACT visit Access Canberra.

Buying a car

What you should know

You’re checking out a used car, you pop open the hood to check if everything is working, but you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for? Buying a used car in the ACT can be a daunting experience if you are not sure what you’re looking for. Enji recommends you get a car safety check before buying a registered used vehicle.  We can connect you to licensed mobile mechanics in your area, so next time you go out to check on a potential new car – why don’t you book in a mobile mechanic with enji to make sure you don’t get stuck with any unpleasant surprises.